Saturday, April 16, 2011

Sending You Hugs Card

I know everyone is busy doing Easter cards. However, I am tired of Easter cards. I am all done with them, and I thought that perhaps there are some other people that are too! So I did a basic card with the caption "Sending You Hugs". I got the stamp set from my Simply Cards & Papercrafts March Issue #80 Magazine. They were given free with the magazine. I stamped the images in black and colored them in with markers. I used regular cardstock to make the card. I used the new Martha Stewart circle cutter to cut the circle out for the white background. This cutter is so easy to use. I absolutely love it! My mother has the Creative stuff, and now she wants the Martha S., cuz she saw how much easier it was today while we were scrapping. We had so much fun today. My mother is so nice. She packed a lunch for me and our friend Anne for while we scrapped! I have to do something really nice for her on Mother's Day. I'm thinking of giving her money to go the CHA in June with my sister. This way she will have money to spend. Anyway, I am thinking that once my followers reach 100, I'm going to have a giveaway. Maybe a paperstack or some bling. Let me know what you think. I don't have any sponsors, and I'm on a tight budget, so it can't be too expensive, but I definitely want to do contests and giveaways. I didn't think I got a lot done today until I looked at my projects when I got home. I'm really working hard on being on a particular design team, but I don't think it's going too well. We will have to wait and see. I am working on beginner stamping and 2 page lo classes at the Hermitage, PA Pat Cataan's. If you live in the area, please let me know if you would be interested.

Here is the card:


I have finally figured out that the stamps are the foundation of professional looking cards. If you don't have the right stamps, then you don't have anything to work with. They don't have to be expensive, just large and easy to color with markers or colored pencils. This is the trick to making them look professional in my opinion. I also like shapes cut out for the stamp to stamped on then pasted onto the background of the card. You can see this in the card that I made. With this simple formula, you can't go wrong!

Happy Scrappin and Hookin,

Michelle

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to add that the stamps are Molly Bloom stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your card is so pretty michelle. i haven't venture to coloring yet :P

    you asked me about dt's and sincerely all you have to do is try and try and try,...lol. no magic to it. it all depends what they are looking for at the time.

    hugs and i hope you had a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cards, projects, and LO's are so cute!

    I'm hopping through the Love Link Up Party and am now a follower.

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete