Sunday, May 1, 2011

Finished Crochet Wrap For Mother's Day

I finished the crochet wrap for Mother's day, and I think I'm going to give it to my mother-in-law. I've decided to crochet a shawl for my mother instead. I only have a short time to do it, and the pattern that I've been working on isn't working out. I just downloaded a new pattern today, but it calls for different yarn. I think I'm going to use the same yarn, but make sure the gauge is correct.

Here is a pic of the finished wrap:



I had posted images in the beginning, and this last pic is a close-up to show what the cross-stitch crochet looks like.

If you would like to make this wrap, I will post the directions:

Use an E hook, I used Bernat Satin Sport Yarn (3-ply)

Foundation Row: SC 60
Row 1: SC in 2nd ch from the hook. SC across to end. (58 sc).
Row 2: Turn. Ch 3, SK first sc and dc in sc. Go back to sc that was skipped, and dc in that sc (cross-stitch is formed). Continue pattern across to end. Dc in last ch.
Row 3. Turn. Ch 2. Cross-stitch across to end. Dc in last dc. Repeat until desired width is achieved. Finish off. I used a shell stitch on the ends. I used 5 dc in a sc then a sc in the next sc, and I continued this until the end. Fasten off. Do this for the other end. Make sure you have the wrong side facing you so that the right side of the shell will be on the right side when it is done.

I hope that wasn't too confusing. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask me.

I have some surprises coming up for you. I have quite a few pages coming up that I have completed lately. A few of us are getting together on May 7th, National Scrapbooking day, and we are each doing 4 pages with materials. We will be teaching each other how to do our pages. This will be fun! Plus I will have at least 12 pages coming home! On top of that I will be learning how to do a paper bag mini album. If I learn that pretty well, I will do another one, and post pics with directions on my site. We are going to one of our local stores for free scrapbooking that day. I might suggest that you check your local stores to see if they are providing any free scrapbooking that day. Ours is even providing a free class on transparencies! I'm all for free classes! Everything that I learn, I will pass on to you! So I am really excited!

Tomorrow, I will be posting some LOs. I do not have the best of memories, so I may not remember what the company may be for the stickers, but I do know where to get them, and I will do my best. LOL!

Happpy Scrappin & Hookin,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment