Saturday, May 28, 2011

Tuesday Morning

I picked up a cute mini album for $1.99 at Tuesday Morning. See below:


I think it was well worth the money. I haven't figured out what to use it for yet. I started my first paper bag album today. It's going to be a graduation present. I decided to make it more girly than the traditional black and white. I will be posting pics on the next blog. I will also be posting pics of the crochet rose pin I crocheted yesterday. I ran out of red thread, so I used green. It looks kind of neat. You'll have to let me know what you think. It also looks really pretty as a bracelet.

My DH and I will be going out on the boat tomorrow, so I don't know if I'll be up to posting tomorrow. We decided to go to a movie on Memorial Day and relax. I wanted to go to the beach, but the water is too high and the ph is messed up from all of the rain! Yuck! The indoor pool we always go to is being remodeled, and won't be done until July 4th. Between the rain and the remodel, most of the summer will be gone before we can go swimming.

Enough complaining, I'm just happy to be alive and well. I have to start walking on the treadmill. Apparently, both my DH and I are pre-diabetic from being overweight and not eating right. We have started to eat better, but it's hard to exercise when your body is screaming in pain or you get a migraine from exercise. Without the exercise, I can only eat one meal a day with a small healthy snack to lose weight, which I know isn't healthy. I need to go back on Weight Watchers again to help motivate me. I just don't have $40 a month. I might give TOPS a try for $20 a year and $2.00 dues a month. I can still follow WW plan while in TOPS. However, I do better on Tops diet. I got almost to goal with tops, I lost over 50 pounds eons ago. I like going to the national recognition awards. They're a lot of fun!

I'm working on crocheting a beaded necklace that's turning out to be really pretty. I made it about 18 inches long. I hate short necklaces. I want to make some more necklaces, earrings, and a couple of rings before the 15th when I try out for the Pittsburgh crochet show. I will be showing my work as I completed it.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment