Monday, May 16, 2011

View Finished Lion Brand Tote Bag with Flower, Leafs, and Vines Pattern

I finished felting the bag about 3 days ago, and I just added the finishing touches just now. This pattern for the bag can be found on lionbrand.com on the free patterns. I did mine with different yarn and different colors. I used some
Wool-Ease for some of the roses, but most of the roses, Leaves, and Vines were done with scraps of Mohair. The red yarn was Cascade 100% peruvian wool. I felted the bag after everthing was assembled by hand in a bucket for about 45 minutes to 1 hour. I used shampoo and HOT water. For some reason, I seem to be having difficulty getting things to felt, or so I thought. I didn't think it was taking, but when it was dry, it was about 50% smaller. (Thank Goodness!) It was a little bigger than I intended. I am going to use it for my books for the library.

Here is a pic:


I am also working on the Graduate Bookworm from Lion Brand for a graduation present. I have to put the face on yet. I am knitting with the pretty yarn that I bought this month with the blues, purples, and greens. I am knitting a scarf without a pattern, so we'll have to see if it turns out. I may be either assisting with a class or teaching a class at the Pittsburgh knit and Crochet Festival in February 2012. I am currently also working with someone else on having a booth with crochet and knitting kits available as well as already crocheted and knitted items. I will also have spinners and possible spinning wheels available to purchase as well. I may have a discount for the people who are signed up to receive updates to my blog. More on that later.

I have also been crocheting flowers for scrapbooking. They are selling them in the stores for 5 for $6! So, I decided to make my own for next to nothing. For those of you who are scrappers too, buy some embroidery floss and use your tiny crochet needles to crochet the flowers. You can find the pattern online when you do a search. I just got my pink ATG gun in the mail today from customcrops.com! I only paid $20! I can remember when they used to cost $80. I received on of the new fairy stamps for free that they are carrying. I love it!

I'm not feeling to well today, so I decided to stick to crocheting and knitting.

Happy Scrappin & Hookin,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment