Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Chosen for the DCWV contest

I was chosen with 24 other people to enter the DCWV contest in collaboration with May Arts Ribbons.  I received tons of paper and ribbon, and I made an album.  I had 2 boards that had ink resistant designs on them, and I used ink on them.  I rubbed the extra ink off with a paper towel.  I used cardboard for my pages, and I will spray the entire album with a preservative spray.  I loved the die-cuts that were part of the paper pack, and I cut some of my images out from the paper to use as die-cuts.  Here is the finished album.












Hope you enjoyed that!  I didn't win, but I had a lot of fun.  I learned that I need to step my game up to win. I just learned how to make my own embossing folders, using my cricut and my die-cuts, and I plan to share this with you.

I am currently working on the knitting Loom making a scarf for the first time on the long loom.  I want to do this to see how I can figure out how to make an afghan.  I want to start building up my stash, so that I can enter one of the shows next season.  Suggestions are welcome, since I have never done so before.  I think I may do some papercrafting as well.  I'm really interested in pergammano  (don't think it's spelled right), and I'd really like to add it to my card making skills.  DH and I are both really sick right now, and haven't been doing anything.  I can't wait to feel better so that I can go to the beach and make a sand castle.  I would love to have a cook-out.  I plan to get the gas tank filled for our grill for the 4th of July for a picnic.  I would love to take the boat out too, but unfortunately not until after the 4th.  Our boat is bigger and faster and a whole lot funner than the the one pictured here.  I'm sure you'll see pics later.

DCWV is having a Design Team call.  I entered, and they will announce it in July.  I hope you enter.  Competition is fierce, so I don't really expect to win, but it's good experience to apply.

Let me know what you have on your hooks!

Happy Scrappin & Hookin,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment