Saturday, January 21, 2012

Let it Snow, Let it Snow!

In the past 3 days, we have gotten about 7 to 10 inches of snow! Since then, my asthma has kicked up, and I can't walk a couple of steps without having an asthma attack. I wish I could go outside and play with the pups and build a snowman. :) I am currently working on a purse pattern I found for free at JoAnne Fabrics by Red Heart. It's called Crochet Posey Purse. I made one for my daughter for Christmas, and my aunt wanted one for her b-day which is on Tuesday. I don't think it will be done by then, but she won't care if it's a couple of days late since I'm not feeling well. I'm using a 4-ply purple baby yarn which is really pretty. I can't remember which brand it is, but I bought it at JoAnne's in the one pound. I believe it is Caron. I will be posting pics of slippers and a cancer cap later when I feel better. These will be made available on Etsy. I changed my store name to Cropperhopper so that everyone will recognize it from my blog. I had to miss a crop today. I'm hoping to go soon. I will probably have to see the doc if this doesn't ease up. I hate going to the docs since I have to go at least once a month to get my meds for fibro. I have good news! I won the Northridge Publishing contest. I won the 6x6 Yours truly paper pad and the February issue of CARDS magazine! I'm on a roll this month! I should play the lotto, but I never do. I'm never this lucky this much at once! It made me so happy since I didn't have the money to go buy Valentine's day paper! Now I don't have to worry about it. I got 3/4 of the way on my tank top that I was crocheting, and I ran out of yarn. I have to wait until payday next month to get more to finish it. I just finished reading "Shutter Island". I give it 5 out of 5 stars! I was so surprised by the ending. I loved it. It kept me on the edge of my seat the entire time. I wonder if the movie did it justice? You'll have to let me know. I usually don't like the movie as much as the book. Another book I just finished is "A Reliable Wife". I give it 4.7 out of 5 stars. Let me know what you're reading.

Happy scrappin & Hookin,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment