Saturday, January 14, 2012

Current Crochet Project

I am currently working on a Picot Shell top for the summer for myself for a change. The pattern can be found at Crochet Magazine, July 2011, Volume 24, No. 4. I believe I recently got it for free in one of their newsletters. I'm using the Handicrafter Bernat cotton. I forget the color, but is blue and white. I buy the 1 lb skeins. I had less than a skein to begin with, so I'm positive that I'll have to buy more to finish it. I like my tops loose and big, so I make them a size larger. Check this pattern out. I figure that by the time I finish it, it'll be time to wear it, because I have other things in the works at the same time. I wanted to show pics of finished objects, but the internet isn't cooperating tonite. I'm thinking of entering the 2013 Herrmann's afghan contest this year, but I'm undecided. I've never taken on a project that large before. However, one has until June to finish it. Let me know if you plan to enter. I'd like to hear from you. I think I'm going to be digging out my more romantic DCWV stacks to work on Valentines next Saturday. I'll have to wait to get my film developed from X-mas until next month. I'll have lots of pics of the work I did then. Right now, my craft room is overcrowded and unorganized. Our battery back-up broke and make a high-pitched whine so that I couldn't stay in the room for longer than to dump stuff in. LOL! We replaced it, and I'm dying to get in their and get busy. I've been sick for over a month, and I'm slowly building back strength again. Fibro is such a pain. I have been sleeping all day for the past 2 weeks, and feeling weaker every day, so I force myself to do things around the house to build back up. I'm not complaining, just explaining why I'm so inconsistent. Hang in there with me. I really want to do a lot of different things this year with my blog. I'm really starting to like alternative mediums like Gesso and different paints.

Happy Scrappin & Hookin,

Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment